In light of this year’s current and ongoing travel restrictions, the CRRC is pleased to announce an expanded CRRC Student Support Fund (CRRC-SSF) in place of our regular travel awards this year. This CRRC-SSF will support a wider variety of activities which directly relate to student and postdoctoral research in cold regions.
Who Can Apply
Laurier-registered undergraduate, graduate, and post-doctoral researchers engaged in cold regions research and supervised or co-supervised by a CRRC Faculty member.
To obtain such funding for the current year, please see the details below:
- Travel – research related (travel between January 1, 2021 and March 31, 2021)
- Training – online or in-person courses to improve skills and knowledge related to your cold regions research
- Conference registration fees (i.e., for online conferences)
- Supplemental travel-related and field research supplies (up to a max of $100)
- Knowledge mobilization – printing, graphic design, videography, etc. expenses incurred as part of knowledge mobilization for your research
Up to $400 for eligible expenses
Application Period: February 19, 2021 to March 28, 2021
Dates for which expenses can be incurred*: January 1, 2021 to April 30, 2021
Applications will be processed starting on March 1, 2021. You will receive a decision on your application after your application is processed. After March 1 awards will be distributed as available funds permit.
*Travel must take place before March 31, 2021. Training or online conference registration must be paid for before March 31, 2021, conference attendance can occur anytime before December 31, 2021.
- Be recommended by their supervisor or co-supervisor (i.e. a CRRC faculty member).
Applications must be accompanied by an email supporting the application, sent to Colin Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading ATTN: CRRC-SSF
- Must submit email application as a word doc attachment with the following three sections clearly described:
- Expenses for which you are seeking support (type, amount)
- A few sentences describing how the CRRC-SSF funds will contribute to your cold regions research
- A statement committing to create and submit a one-page clear-language summary or other knowledge mobilization product of the activity supported by CRRC-SSF
Upon Acceptance: Submit evidence of attendance (i.e. copy of the conference schedule page referencing their presentation or meeting/workshop agenda) no later than 2 weeks upon return. Include student ID in the correspondence.
Payment: Approved CRRC-SSF amounts will be applied to Laurier student accounts providing that all requirements listed above have been met for graduate and undergraduate students. Post-doctoral awards will be administered separately through a cheque requisition/expense form.